Wednesday, April 15, 2020

photos// life update

Howdy everyone! I really haven’t been good at posting often ... so if you forgot about me I don’t blame ya. But if you didn’t forget about me maybe you want a life post? I think I’m just gonna give some pictures and tell you what I’ve been up to. I’ve been busy so I haven’t rly had time to do a post or anything, and covid hasn’t effected my life like at all...  mostly just get tired of all the talk and hullabaloo and over react-ness. Haha add that word to your vocabulary ;)

k let’s move on..

what
i
have
been
doing:


I’ve been trying to kinda get ready to finish school for the year, and also my sister is supposed to be having a grad party, but we’ll see what happens with that...

I’ve been riding horses and I just started riding my 2 year old filly (Liffey), so that’s been fun

We have been building a 3 stall dog kennel for our dogs, and we finally got it done and it’s really handy

I’ve been training my dog and helping my sister train her dog a little bit

It’s only the start and it’s already been a crazy calving year.. dad thinks one of our cows had TRIPLETS, but they were all deathed :( But a cow having triplets is super rare, just so you know. And yesterday a cow had twins, the one is doing good but the other one didn’t make it. Dad and I fed her colostrum and dried her of and gave her a nice luscious bed of straw.. but she was weak and she didn’t rly even try to live, she acted like she wanted to die it was sad


We’ve been getting ready for our mare to have her foal, which is really exciting and she could have it any day... I’ll have to do a post on it once it comes out ;)

^liffey^

Riding with law

You can see a glimpse of the kennel here, only part of one of the walls though




Grooming horses and getting as hairy as them.. ๐Ÿ˜‚


If you look closely you’ll notice the strange position my dog likes to lay.. she kicks out her back legs very unnaturally 


Road trip ๐Ÿค“




^nala, the horse that’s gonna foal^

law and his dog... don’t know what the world the dogs tongue is doing






^biking^


Writing a lot of letters... you wanna know a really smart thing, ( if you write letters),  that you’ve probably already thought of? Try copying the letter (with a printer) that you wrote to your friend and put it in the envelope with their last letter that they sent you and send them the original copy.. and when you get a response from them, pull out your hard copy of your last letter to them, and when they anwser questions that you asked them and they’re not clear about it, just look at your letter and you’ll know exactly what they’re talking about. b r i l l i a n t. 













Sorry for all of the dog photos...




Last month we iceskated on this pond but then it melted. It was sad when it did because we had so much fun on it. Like a couple days after I iceskated on it I walked across it and fell through the ice! It was terrifying and I thought nothing of walking across it because we had JUST iceskated on it a few days before.. the water didn’t go past my waist so it was fine. More just the cold shock and stuff...


Asilah is so funky.. and she makes me mad sometimes.. she killed a chicken the other day and it was so bad, so I yelled at her and she kept narrowing her eyes at me like this... 


this is what she does when she’s trying to be loving๐Ÿ˜

Catan ๐Ÿ˜I know they look mad but don’t worry they were just upset cuz I was beating them;) actually I think they’re just concentrating hard or somethin 


Lemon poppyseed muffins.. ill hopefully do a post on that sometime 


And that’s pretty much it... I don’t have very many pictures considering all the stuff I’ve been doing.. mostly just dog pictures lol ;)




Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, oh Lord, my strength and my redeemer. 


Psalm 19:14



-lexah-






22 comments:

  1. Oh, it was so nice to "hear" from you, Lexah!
    I loved all the pictures and I just love to get a glimpse into your life because, it's AWESOME! *laughs* To hear about ranch life makes me so happy. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is fun.. but tiring/ frustrating at times๐Ÿ˜‚ thanks for the comment, I <3 your comments so much!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I can imagine. It's probably not all fun and games all the time. *winks* *laughs*
      Awe, I'm so glad you enjoy them! <3

      Delete
    3. Yeah... a couple days ago we had to help this calf and the momma was really creepy and she wanted to chase us... I didn’t think it was very fun at all๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
    4. Oh boy! That sounds scary! *laughs*

      Delete
  2. We love Settlers of Catan!! Loved seeing all the pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do too, but we played it so much we got BOARD (I love puns) of it..

      Delete
  3. Nice to hear from you! Your property looks beautiful!! I love all the pictures. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah it is pretty in the summer... right now it’s brown and muddy and ugly and plain. We have a lot of hills, and they’re really pretty when they’re green with grass. I like North Dakota. Lots of people make fun of it because it’s boring looking and there’s “only one tree” lol

      Delete
    2. It looks amazing even still! Hahaha you made me laugh with the "only one tree". ;D

      Delete
    3. Hahah kind of an exaggeration tho... but I like to say that the telephone poles are nds state tree๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete
  4. It looks like you've been up to a lot of fun stuff! And your horse is gorgeous! *winks*
    ~Izzy West~ stayinthesunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes I think so too but she has a really thin neck and that looks kinda funky.. I Th ink she’ll grow outta it though

      Delete
  5. I love all the dog pictures! Sounds like you've been having fun and staying busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dog laying like that is what my family calls a Sploot. It means that your dog is comfortable and feels safe enough to relax XD. I love the game catan too!

    Geoturtle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that’s funny! I’ll have to say that nowXD

      Delete
  7. Oh, sounds fun! I would love to live on a farm! Yikes! That must have been cold! I'm glad you're ok though!

    www.sunshineofmine777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah lol thinking back on it it was pretty funny tho XD

      Delete
  8. Hey, btw I answered your questions on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those lemon poppy-seed muffins look SO GOOD. *mouth is watering*

    Ellen
    musingsbyellen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

my favorite things tag

Howdeeeee guys! ;) how is everyone?? Lots of stuff has been going on around here that I should rly tell y’all abt in another photo dump. But...