Thursday, December 6, 2018

Animals, Snow, FOOD, and Art

here's some pictures of what I've been up to. I'm trying to get used to all the snow, dressing warmer than usual and doing less outside.




homemade brown-buttered Hershey's hot chocolate. I repeat: hot CHOCOLATE. distinctly different from hot cocoa and a million times better. here's my recipe (It's 100% made up by ME):
Serving size: 1 mug full

Gather:

half bar of Hershey's chocolate (the same stuff you use on smores)

about 1 1/2 cup milk

2 tbsp. cream

2 tsp. brown sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

2 tsp. butter
Directions:

1: heat the milk and cream on the stove top

2: heat the butter (in a microwave or on the stove. we don't have a microwave so I just put it in a 2 cup measurer and melt it on a stove top burner) until it's bubbling and brownish colored. just don't let it burn.

3: add the Hershey's chocolate to the butter and let it melt. then add the vanilla and brown sugar.

4: add all ingredients to a magic bullet, vita mix or blender and blend till well mixed and frothy. then pour it into your mug and enjoy.




<3 <3 I love seeing all the cows lined up enjoying the grain I spoil 'em with. the sunset and haybales just make the picture.












My favorite kitty (mostly because she ain't orange)






I woke up one mornin' to a world covered in crystal snow. I rode my horse and her mane and tail was coated with a thick frost. it was gorgeous.










It was also foggy out. it woulda made a realll pretty photoshoot. besides the cold.




peppermint stuffed mini marshmallows over a candle. yummm. especially after getting your nose freezed off doing chores.





Landon and I went to our friends house for a couple days. My friend and I made LOTTTS of food.







^ potatoes fried in pig lard (I know PIG LARD sounds discusting, but its super delicious and not bad for you like deep fat fried French fries or donuts you'd get at McDonalds or something.)











our own made-up recipe of buttermilk garlic breaded chicken nuggets (GUYS. those things turned. out. AMAZING. i'm not tryin' to brag, but they were totally worth getting splattered with grease a million times. in the EYE specifically.)








and then for desert, we made NUTMEG CINNAMON DONUTS. <33333 and we ate them with icecream and watched Little House On the Prairie while we laughed our heads off at Nancy Olsoen.


 for breakfast the next morning we made crepes (and for the filling of them we made whipped cream and frozen berry sauce) and bacon. DELICOUSNESS!














here's our Christmas pics. we took them on Thanksgiving morning because it was nice out and the trees were covered with gorgeous crystal snow.



Ma and Pa






MEEEEE





Landon Trae



Lawson Clae <3




'

Larissa Shae











I took these pics while riding with Law. I LOVE this one! It's so satisfying to watch him enjoy Nala. he can handle her just great. he clicks to go (he LOVES cantering the most, too), steers her with leg signals and they both just love jumping.
this picture above is what I imagined and pushed for the whole time I trained her. what a perfect pair, dontcha think?




playing my fiddle <333










I just love Dove mint chocolate. its the best.





more of my hot chocolate. while doing math.





We also weaned the calves. that means LOTS of sorting. it took two days for us to get finished because it gets dark so soon. and some of them got mixed up again so we had to re-sort. But its all finished now and I feel so satisfied.




well, that's what I've been up to! I've been adding to this post since even before the last one, that's why its taken me so long.



~COWGIRL LEXI


GALATIANS 5:22-26

But the fruit of the spirit is love joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. and they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. if we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. let us not be desirous o vain glory, provoking one another envying one another.

4 comments:

  1. Your hot chocolate recipe sounds SO good!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way behind on reading your blog, but am catching up now.
    Love the picture of your fiddle. It has great light!
    Real Lard is awesome, especially when cooking potatoes.
    I love to make crepes too. I make it from buckwheat flour that I grind in the Vitamix and I also use a tool I made from wooden dowels to spread the batter on our big griddle.
    Aunt Linda loves them with real Swedish Lingonberry jelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹that sounds so good!! And thanks for stopping by!!!!

      Delete

my favorite things tag

Howdeeeee guys! ;) how is everyone?? Lots of stuff has been going on around here that I should rly tell y’all abt in another photo dump. But...