Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Ranch Animals (Part 1)

I'm gonna be doing a few posts for the animals on our ranch.

Starting with the cattle.
We have about 200-300 head. I like cows, but it's the calves that I really think are fun. They're so cute  when they're first born! I LOVE chasing cattle on horses. Especially on a good trained horse. Once he knows were you want the cow, you just sit back and hang on. He'll do the work.

Almost nothing is better than living on a ranch, smelling the manure and hearing a mama cow beller to her calf.

We do not have hired hands, but sometimes young men will stay a night or two and dad will show them some stuff. Or my cousin or uncle will come and help fence a pasture.



Most of our cattle are out in the pasture, but some are always in the corrals around the house.









Aren't the calves cute?!!!!!











The milk cows and one of their calves. His name is Lawrence.   :) 











Okay. But seriously. He's so CUTE!!!!



When he was first born, he was as big as the two month old calf that the other milk cow ( named Posey) has!







These good looking ladies are our 2 year old (first calf, is what we call them because they are having their first calves this year.) heifers.



Thanks for reading this! Next Saturday, I'll post about the horses.










                    
                                                 ~Cowgirl Lexah Rae










1 comment:

my favorite things tag

Howdeeeee guys! ;) how is everyone?? Lots of stuff has been going on around here that I should rly tell y’all abt in another photo dump. But...