Saturday, December 22, 2018

Short Story Writing Contest

So, I decided since people seem to love contests so much and most bloggers are writers, I'm gonna have a short story writing contest.

well, I'll get straight to the point.

RULES:

1. try to use the 5 points of writing a story:

Characters
Setting
Problem
Plot
Solution

2. incorporate these three topics into the story:

snow
animals
and the color yellow

3. try not to have more than 1100 words, just so it doesn't take me forever to read it

4. send your story to my email: chorusandi@yahoo.com

keep in mind that each story will be judged by how well you use the 5 elements of writing a story. and how cleverly you use your words. here's two examples:

"he put the star on top of the Christmas tree."

or "he dodged the green fir's prickles and gently placed the glittering star on the very top of the branches."

 I like detail. which one made you feel more like you were right there with the characters?


there'll only be a first place winner, and the prize will be a set of six homemade coasters that I woodburned on.






coasters are fun because they keep your drink from spilling on your mom's favorite table cloth, and they're super cute to have around the house.

if you win, I would recommend  you wait and give the prize to your mom for Mothers Day. or, you can always be selfish, too.


the contest ends FEBRUARY 1st, 2019 and I'll announce the winner on FEBUARY 15th. 

i probably won't be posting anything 'till after the contest, just so it will stay at the top of the page and you can get to the rules and deadlines easily. and plus, I really feel like a month long blogging break and this'll cover it up nicely.

I'm not going to run the contest if there's not more than two entries. so c'mon! don't tell me your not a good writer- or a writer at all. I need entries!! 


well, see y'all in February!


~Lexah

19 comments:

  1. Sounds super fun, Lexah! And those coasters are beautiful! Thanks for letting me know about your story-writing contest; Lord Willing, you'll be hearing from me soon!

    ~Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds super fun, Lexah! And those coasters are beautiful! Thanks for letting me know about your story-writing contest; Lord Willing, you'll be hearing from me soon!

    ~Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love writing; I definitely want to enter! Enjoy your break, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! This is such a good idea! I will definitely try to enter soon! I love the prize! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll do it! It is going to be very hard for me to put it in 800 words because I write in such detail that it takes me 5,000 to write about one day in a book that I am writing. Haha! I can do it! Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That’s funny! I can NOT wait for your story!!

      Delete
  6. Sounds fun! I'll do it! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wrote the story, but I'm afraid I couldn't fit only 800 words in. The story isn't super long, only 1039 words. I'm so sorry, Lexi. WOuld you like me to shorten it as best I can? Or is 1039 words okay? It is only two pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Izzy! I changed the word count to 1100 because other people seemed to be having trouble as well.

      Delete
    2. Oh, good to know! I will send it!

      Delete
    3. I got it! Great job on the story!

      Delete
  8. Anita, Ayda, and I are going to try and enter!!
    ~Alice~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!! And just to let you know I bumped the word count up a little because people seemed to be having a little trouble.

      Delete
  9. To bad I miss it! I love writing! Cute coasters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man! Maybe if I do it again...

      Delete
    2. I can't give out my email though. And I'm not that good at short stories. Mine are mainly LONG stories. *Laugh* I'm a big dreamer!

      Delete

my favorite things tag

Howdeeeee guys! ;) how is everyone?? Lots of stuff has been going on around here that I should rly tell y’all abt in another photo dump. But...