Monday, August 6, 2018

Business



hey guys! I would have posted more this past month, but WOW. we've sure  been real busy. let me see what all we did...


turned our alfalfa field into square bales (and got way stronger and now our arms are allll scared up from lifting them....)

cut and baled hay

did lottttts of silage bales with our in-line wrapper

I worked with Chorus and made quite a bit of progress (now I'm starting to ride her and I'm soooo exited!!!)

I did all of the turning the bulls out, moving the cows, checking the bulls, fixing the fence, etc. ( cause dad was in the hay field) now my horse needs a 3 month break

our cousins came from ohio came for 4 days ( I have no idea how we found time to spend time with them.....)


130 of our heifers got mixed up with my great uncles cows cause the bulls were fighting on both sides of the fence and knocked down the 2 top wires, so my cousin Promise and me had to sort the cows and fix the fence. and we couldn't find one of our bulls and the cows pushed the gate down after we had half of them sorted (idk WHY) and when we found our  bull he was lame. so yeah.... there were a lot of difficulties but that's kinda a story of its own... you can ask me about it some time. it turned out to be really fun after we got over the stress of it....


i'm planning on getting a little 6 month old filly this fall to train and sell so that will be real fun


went to like 3 graduations (I loved all the FOOD ;D) the games were fun too


Larissa babysitted two little boys under 20 months pretty much every day. I helped her when I could so that was fun


we just got back from a wedding in south Dakota. it was a lot of fun swimming in the pool with our friends


just now I was cutting our oats field but then dad told me to stop because it was gonna rain but now its not so I have to go back out





I wish I had pictures of all of it to post on here but I haven't had any time :(






~Lexah Rae

5 comments:

  1. Haying is a lot of hard work, yet it's really fun too! We square bale our fields too. Sounds like you had a good and busy month! Swimming is always fun! :D I hope you have a great August, I can't believe it is already August! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's for sure! ikr? its so crazy. 2018 hassimply flew past.

      Delete
  2. Sounds likes you've super busy! Yay! for riding Chorus. It would be really exciting if you got a filly to train. I've been thinking of buying a project horse, but we have no feed at the moment. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe. I saw that you got to pony sit a Shetland! that looked fun.

      Delete

my favorite things tag

Howdeeeee guys! ;) how is everyone?? Lots of stuff has been going on around here that I should rly tell y’all abt in another photo dump. But...